Monday, September 21, 2009

Race for the Cure

We walked in the Race for the Cure again this year!  We decided to do the early 1 mile walk and bring Natalie along in the stroller.  My mom pulls together a team every year to participate and then hosts a luncheon at her house afterwards.  Since my mom beat cancer 7 years ago, this event means a lot to our family.  Our dear friend and teammate, Shari, has been fighting it this past year as well, making it even more important!  It always amazes me to see so many pink shirts (survivors) at the Race and this year, I noticed so many that looked to be around my age.  I sure hope a cure is found soon and hopefully events like this can help make that happen!


Mom and Natalie in pink...


Here's Natalie all bundled up in her Race fleece...


Mom and Natalie waiting for our walk to start.  Natalie is getting sleepy.


She fell asleep before we even started and didn't wake up until we got in the car to leave. :)


Here's part of our Bosom Buddies team.  Tami, Jaycee, Haylee, Shari, DeDe and Val.


And Suzy, Rachel, Megan, Sherry, and Mom.


1 comment:

jennie said...

OK, I need to see this kid soon! She's getting so big, and so CUTE

xo Auntie Hod