Friday, March 7, 2008

Back from Singapore

Just flew back from Singapore and boy are my arms tired!!! That was for you Mom.
Anyway, thought I would post a couple more pictures from my trip...




As many of you are aware, I was over in Singapore to do user training and then to user acceptance testing on a new instance of Oracle for our International division called Knowledge Universe. Above are my students and testers. I certainly did feel tall there.
This is the building our office is located in and where I spent the majority of my trip to Singapore. I would take a cab ride to and from work each day and tell them my office was at Changi Business Park and they say it is the building that looks like it has a big piece of swiss cheese on the front of it. They all looked at me like I was crazy...maybe they don't have swiss cheese there.
Last weekend I was able to go out to the HSBC Womens Open which happened to be played in Singapore. This was a great opportunity to see the top 30 women golfers in the world play at an amazing looking golf course. It seems that there is water on almost every hole. I am hopeful to get to play here when I am here next time as one of my coworkers is a member.
All the greats were there Ochoa, Sorenstam, Gulbis, and Creamer to name a few. There weren't a lot of spectators so it was really easy to get close to the players and caddies. Suppose it didn't hurt that I was a head taller than most people there, so I could just look over them if there were any crowds.

No comments: