Friday, November 21, 2008

5 Months Old

Natalie is 5 months old today!  

She's laughing a lot more these days and its a variety of giggles, laughs, and squeals now.  She does this weird sharp inhale that sounds like a combination of a scream and a laugh....or maybe some kind of wild animal under attack.

It looks like her eyes are going to stay blue and her hair is starting to grow back!

I'd like to say that she's rolling over...but she's not.  Why would she want to do that when she hates being on her tummy!  Tummy time is getting more bearable these days but she still won't rest her head.  You can imagine how tired she gets trying to hold up those giant cheeks!

Sitting up might be more her speed.  She does pretty good for a few seconds...and then folds in half into a little baby ball.  We'll keep working on it!

I just can't get over how happy she is to see us when she wakes up in the morning or after a nap.  Every morning when I pick her up she gives me the biggest squeeze hug and doesn't want to let go.  When I finally pull her away, she has the biggest smile on her face.  That is the best thing ever.

She's definitely in a phase of discovery.  She's constantly inspecting things.  She loves the remote control because of the little red light that flashes when you change the volume or the channel.  She accidently scratched the wall when I was changing her diaper one day and now she does it almost every time.  She either likes the sound or the feeling or both.  I often hold her in one arm while I do things with the other.  She likes to use her outer hand to help me with whatever I'm doing.  Yesterday, she decided to "help" me carry my blueberry smoothie and nearly knocked it out of my hand onto the carpet.  Still cute.  :)

Her fancy chair arrived last week.

She looks pretty comfy, right?

Real comfy...

Love this kitty hat (please excuse the drool).


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Dani,
Natalie is so adorable! I love the chair too! Hope you guys are doing well too. We'll be in town around Christmas, maybe the Natalies can meet up at Amy's house.